Dear PTZ FAMILY it was with great regret that I basically had to blow up the old website and start fresh! It had been so badly hacked that the only thing I could bring over was posts/videos, so you will have to sign up again! The silver lining is the site should run much better!
Mmm, can you smell the earth, reawakened and unfurling her green fingers towards the sun. Spring is one of my favorite seasons! Especially since we are out of the “Mud Season” which occurs between Winter and Spring. Although it does bring with it this urgent need to work work work, reorganizing your house, your life, and the lives of everyone around you… lol, well, maybe that’s pushing it a bit.
I used to really love a certain day years back in Portland, called “Spring Big Trash Day.” Every building and house in the city was allotted so many large items they could put out for curbside pick-up. Of course, over 50% was picked up by people who needed a newer couch, table, or if handy enough, a dresser that needed more than just a little TLC. It was a sad, sad year when the City announced that there would be no more “Big Trash” days. Which, of course, backfired… now residents simply took their big items a couple of streets over in the dark of night, and then ran home quick as bunnies (usually sweaty bunnies, after the heavy lifting.)
So, it became catch as catch can to find treasures from trash. Kinda like our recent “pus drought”. But I believe, just as the rains of Spring feed the blooms of Summer, we, too, will be rewarded. In the meantime, enjoy another wonderful Guest Top Ten List! A personal thanks to pickypicky for the short time it took her to craft this great collection, and give everyone a nice round out to the week. Enjoy, everyone, and Happy Spring Cleaning!!
POP ON! ~ H.S.
PICKYPICKY’S TOP TEN! *************************************************
Hey there, PTZ friends and neighbors!! Call me Picky…because I am. I’m the kind of wife and mom who lies in wait behind furniture, waiting to hit my long-suffering family members with a flying tackle at the very suggestion of a blocked pore. My children haven’t even hit **ZIT**rty yet, and I’m scouting the Forever-Pimples they harbor (I live for these and my husband gets them sometimes- I’m thrilled that my daughter seems to have inherited this lovely tendency!) I love the fact that my parents are entering that later phase of life that lends itself to blackheads and cysts, and I’ve already put bids in to film squeezes that have yet to form.
I’m the member of my family who gets pulled into the other room at Thanksgiving, only to be told to “have a look at THIS- I knew that YOU would want to get ahold of THIS one!”
And, they’re always right.
I knew I was pretty far gone when I learned that one of my coworkers (years ago) harbored a LOVELY sebaceous cyst in the middle of her back. It was bothering her, and trying to keep my glee from being TOO obvious, I offered to make the ultimate sacrifice and squeeze it for her.
IT WAS AMAZING. IT WAS BREATHTAKING. IT TOOK 3 PAPER TOWELS TO CLEAN UP.
However, I was a lost cause from that point. Like a junkie needing a fix, whenever I’d see her at work my eyes would start to dilate, and my fingers would twitch. I started compulsively asking, “So, you need me to squeeze it again?” If only I had known about PTZ those years ago, I’d have had a couple 5 star originals to share.
Little did I know there was a WHOLE COMMUNITY lurking in the shadows of the Internet, just waiting to welcome my pickypicky fingers with open arms! When the “Two Girls, One Cyst” video went viral, I saw it on FaceBook, and I must have watched it 12 times in the same day. Until that fateful vidoe, I never realized there were zit vids…I snuck onto the computer in the middle of the night so no one would catch me, watched it over and over again, then started searching, and found my way to PTZ.
I love being a part of this PTZ community- PTZers rock! I have finally come out of the Zit Closet- And my family is happy, too- now instead of picking on them, I just log on and view my favorites again…and again….and again…. So here are some of my favorites for the Pickster’s Top Ten!
1. The Weight of the Pus on my Shoulder- parts 1 & 2 I have watched and rewatched this video until my eyes crossed. If it was a VHS, I would have worn the tape out. This has to be the all-time winner (in my book) for pure pus awesomeness- it’s gooey, it’s everywhere, it’s GREEN, and it just keeps coming! How his girlfriend could stand back and let all this fun happen without her, I’ll never understand. Cute guy, in underwear, and huge abscess. It doesn’t get much better than that. It could, quite possibly, be utter relationship perfection. https://www.popthatzits.com/2010/11/the-weight-of-the-pus-on-my-shoulder/
2. Painful Cyst Removal- Sebaceous Cyst Removal from Back-Done in Home-Alabama Style It was everything I thought it would be, and more. I wanna have coffee with this guy’s sister. I thought the hole looked like a tiny little mouth urping all over the place. Just when I thought it was done, its gag reflex would kick in and spew more pus. It was like me in college, discovering the vital difference between beer and malt liquor. https://www.popthatzits.com/2009/09/painful-cyst-removal/
3. Sebaceous Cyst Exploding How I LOVE this lady’s disgusting grandson. I love him so much, that if he gets a lot of these, I might consider bigamy…maybe not bigamy, but at least some sort of property rights on his abscesses. This was a mega pus fountain. It was the gift that kept giving, and giving, and giving…loving ALL over the replay. https://www.popthatzits.com/2007/08/sebaceous-cyst-exploding/
6. 3D Neck Cyst Action Dayum. I mean, DAYUM. First I kind of wondered if this might have just been a gland swelling, but we got some SERIOUS pus action happening here! In all its fantastic, gooey, yellow fabulousness! One good slice, one good squeeze, and this darling man’s neck friggin EXPLODES. What more could a girl ask for? Oh yeah- perhaps to be the one to get the four finger squeeze on that sucker. I better put on my dollar-store poncho first, though. Unfortunately, the Original posting of this video came in two parts, but YT pulled them both, and so far I can only find this half. https://www.popthatzits.com/2010/12/3d-neck-cyst-action/
7. Piles and Piles of Pus I really think this pus looks like a bee-yoo-tee-full Pus Flower springing out of his back. Somebody shoot that screamer, please, she’s ruining this beautiful moment. I think perhaps she thinks she’s protecting her stellar reputation as the epitome of femininity, but we know what’s really going on here. She’s faking that scream so people won’t be appalled at how much she’s really enjoying this pus fiesta. At least there’s one guy in the audience who admits how much fun he’s having- I’m with that dude! I’d be wrestling the Tube Top Doc for the rights to squeeze this! https://www.popthatzits.com/2009/10/piles-and-piles-of-pus/
8. Cease and de-cyst OOOOh, no, that’s no boil, campers. That’s a lovely, gunky sebaceous cyst. The kind that I live for. The kind that make my fingers itch. The kind that, if I could only encounter one again, I’d film beautifully, with a tripod, using a four finger squeeze hold and I would linger on the final product. No Hyper Wiper would DARE to come within a thousand feet or they would risk a maiming. I would duct-tape the mouths of all squeaky, screechy witnesses. https://www.popthatzits.com/2009/10/backyard-surgery-cyst-removal-cease-and-de-cyst/
9. Shoulder Fountain/Susan’s Infection Draining Operation I’ve always enjoyed this one, mainly because Susan seems to have a sense of humor, and a fun accent to go with. I regret that we never got to see the one on Johnny’s **ZIT**, though. https://www.popthatzits.com/2010/02/shoulder-fountain/
As a woman in her 30s or 40s, you are probably aware of how much hormones can play an important part in causing acne.
There are many different hormonal imbalances that can cause acne, but all of these imbalances lead your body to convert androgens into testosterone called DHT, hence causing something called androgens acne.
DHT is basically a hormone that is directly linked with acne breakouts. The best way to prevent DHT from being released is to lower your androgen production. But how do you do that? Let’s find out.
Easiest Ways to Beat Androgens Acne
Before you can start reducing the number of androgens in your body, you need to understand its symptoms
Symptoms of High Androgens
The best way to find out if androgens are going out of control in your body is to actually have a test. But there are still some ways you can tell by just looking at your current condition.
For example, if you see that your acne breakout usually gets worse after a period or around ovulation, you probably have surplus androgens. Once you have found out that there is a problem in your hormonal balances, here’s how you can sort the problem.
Don’t Use Dairy Products
Dairy products are rich in a hormone called the IGF-1. This is a growth hormone similar to insulin. It basically stimulates your body to rapidly-produce androgens which later on results in androgen acne.
The same hormone increases sebum production in the skin and encourages your brain to convert androgens into DHT.
A lot of people don’t really have trouble when consuming limited amounts of organic dairy products, but they usually start to see symptoms when they increase dairy intake - such as drinking a full cup of milk.
Stabilize Blood Sugar Levels
Insulin spikes and swings tell the body to rapidly release androgens, thus it is very important to control your blood sugar levels.
Try your best to eat healthy food with a low glycemic index and make sure that you are eating food in controlled portions. Overeating also causes spikes in blood sugar levels which increases androgens and androgens acne.
If you have a problem keeping your insulin in control, I highly suggest adding a bit of physical activity to your schedule and cutting down on caffeine. Exercise helps you effectively control blood sugar levels and helps with controlling androgens' release in the body.
Try Spearmint Tea
Some studies show that spearmint tea helps in lowering androgen levels, and in some cases, it also kills androgens acne. But drinking a single cup of tea never actually does anyone good. So if you’re going to try spearmint tea to control androgens in your body, make sure to drink at least 2-3 cups of tea daily.
Now there are many supplements that actually help control hormonal imbalances in the body. Some are specifically made to help control DHT. With some research, you can easily find them anywhere on the internet or through a supplement store.
Supplements are always good for acne since they help provide the body with nutrients it may not be getting enough from just the food you eat. Try and introduce as many supplements as possible to keep your hormonal balances in check.
If you’re not sure where to look, try supplements like Vitamin A, chamomile, and Estroblock.
Get Your Hormones Tested
I know this step sounds radical, but sometimes the best solution to androgens acne is to actually get tested for hormonal imbalances. When I was young, I tried hundreds of topical, oral, and other treatments to beat acne breakouts.
I not only wasted time but it also took a toll on my wallet. Someone finally pointed me in the right direction and I went for hormone tests. It was then I found out that the root cause of frequent acne breakouts was an imbalance of hormones in my body.
This helped my dermatologist suggest supplements and natural cures to help keep my hormones in check. And ever since that day, the acne breakouts have disappeared from my life.
So if you ever think that nothing can cure your problem, try getting a test and you’ll be surprised.